|Built||1873 – 1879|
|Location||2200 NW 2nd St|
Hailed as a prime example of Richardsonian Romanesque-style architecture, Evansville's Old Post Office and Customs House was built between 1873 and 1879 — both of its architectural wings were added in 1918.
Designed by A.B. Mullett and Company and built by Charles Pearce and Company, this historic River City landmark was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1971.
The painstakingly renovated structure has housed a banquet hall on the first floor since 2011, while the top two floors were recently opened up for use by the Social Security Administration's adjunct division.