|Location||1800 Lincoln Ave|
Evansville, IN 47722
The University of Evansville traces its roots to 1854 in the small town of Moores Hill, of Southeastern Indiana, when it was named the Moores Hill Male and Female Collegiate Institute. It wasn't until 1919 that the institute began it's relocation to Evansville following a compelling argument by George S. Clifford, who demonstrated that if one drew a 50-mile radius around every one of Indiana's universities, none overlapped with Evansville.
Thus, in 1919, Evansville College was founded; and in 1922 the University moved from Downtown Evansville to its current location, utilizing the then recently constructed Olmstead Hall. Flash forward to 1967 and institutional growth prompted a name change to the current University of Evansville.
With this private university's enrollment approaching 2,500 annually, students can enjoy both a world-class education as well as a shaded campus, characterized by classic Indiana limestone architecture.